The Black Eagle 50 is a VTOL naval drone capable of operating in a number of flight modes, including highly stable hovering for ultra-clear image acquisition, and the ability to automatically return to base in the event of communications loss.
- Two-person portable
- Rapidly deployable
- Fully autonomous
- Proprietary flight computer
- Certified to ADS-33 standards
A variety of EO/IR camera payloads for day/night operations can be fitted to the Black Eagle 50 including the STAMP families of stabilized cameras from CONTROP. Additional payloads include:
- COMINT (communications intelligence) for interception of foreign communications
- SIGINT/ELINT (signals/electronic intelligence) for exploitation of signals from radars and weapons systems
- AIS (automatic identification system) for tracking of maritime vessels
- SAR & MPR (synthetic aperture radar & maritime patrol radar) for reconnaissance and targeting information
Flexible options for analogue and digital data links are also available, including communications systems from leading manufacturers such as Spectralink and Commtact.