Auterion’s technology for autonomous computing empowers a diverse range of robots to perform high-risk and mundane tasks, deliver goods, and aid in life-saving missions.
Skynode GX not only preserves all the foundational capabilities of the original product, it also grants access to the most advanced technology available, guaranteeing superior performance, unwavering reliability, and impeccable precision. Highlights include:
- A powerful yet lightweight design that is 30 percent thinner and 15 percent lighter than its predecessor. All core components are combined into one single hardware, allowing easy integration into small or space-constrained vehicles without sacrificing performance capabilities.
- Incorporates the latest Flight Management Unit (FMU), FMUv6x, which brings upgraded performance, stability and reliability. With 2x the compute power and 2x RAM, it provides more headroom for the operation of larger vehicles requiring features like large CAN networks.
- Enhanced computer vision support. The new vision software development kit can be used to develop custom applications for Skynode GX or install third-party applications that add new functionality like GPS-denied navigation, vision-guided landing on moving landing pads and obstacle detection.
Since its first release in 2020, Skynode has enabled dozens of manufacturers to successfully develop a range of robotics systems powered by the Auterion operating system.
These drones carry out a variety of tasks, including repetitive, precise or even dangerous tasks in any government setting. Current uses include search and rescue missions, cargo delivery, mapping dangerous terrain and surveillance missions.
Skynode GX can be used on any size vehicle – multicopters, vertical take-off and landing aircraft, ground rovers and boats. Other features:
- Provides an all-in-one solution at relatively low cost to integrate the Auterion software platform into different types of robots – reducing the time and costs of hardware and software integration.
- Combines all core components into single hardware, making it easier to integrate than having to assemble many individual components.
- Supports large organizations to build on top of open-source foundations.
- Enables vehicle manufacturers to gain value in the open-source hardware/software ecosystem.
Lorenz Meier, CEO and Founder of Auterion, said; “Skynode and AuterionOS drive the adoption of software-defined robotic fleets by offering the highest levels of integration.
“The Skynode GX updates ensure we are meeting the autonomy, reliability and flexibility that our customers need, so large retailers can utilize and scale drone delivery programs and governments can perform their missions more efficiently and safely.”