VectorNav Technologies has introduced a new line of inertial products: the VectorNav Tactical Embedded. Featuring a tactical-grade IMU (inertial measurement unit) and a multi-band GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) receiver, the Tactical Embedded delivers milliradian attitude accuracy and centimeter-level positioning capability in a miniature 15 gram package.
VectorNav’s Tactical Embedded line focuses on size to performance and enables cost reductions for a wide range of autonomous pointing and geo-referencing applications, such as gimballed ISR, SATCOM systems, LiDAR mapping and photogrammetry, among many others. The Tactical Embedded also features support for external SAASM GPS for defense applications in ISR, electronic warfare, munitions and UAV navigation.
Commenting on the new line, VectorNav President, John Brashear, said: “The Tactical Embedded is the culmination of years of development to bring milliradian-level attitude performance and robust positioning into a form factor that represents a disruptive step in inertial navigation capability. Systems integrators worldwide can now embed tactical-grade inertial navigation capabilities into their electronics, unlocking a range of new applications and possibilities.”
Designed and engineered at VectorNav’s AS9100-certified facility in Dallas, TX, USA, the Tactical Embedded includes the VN-110E IMU/AHRS, the VN-210E GNSS-Aided INS, and the VN-310E Dual Antenna GNSS/INS. Highlights include:
• 0.05-0.1° heading; 0.015° pitch & roll
• 1 m horizontal and 1.5 m vertical position accuracy
• 1 cm RTK positioning accuracy
• < 1°/hr gyro in-run bias; < 10 μg accel in-run bias
• 184 channel, L1/L2/E1/E5b GNSS receiver
• Support for external RTK, PPK and SAASM GPS
• High update rates (800 Hz IMU; 400 Hz Nav)
• Miniature footprint: (< 15 grams; 31 x 31 x 11 mm)
• Low power: < 480 mA @ 3.3 V