Redler Technologies has unveiled its Power Rider family of products for future hybrid military vehicles, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), and Remote Weapons Stations (RWS) at Eurosatory 2022 in Paris.
As warfighting technologies evolve and the energy requirements of combat vehicles, UAVs, and RWS increase, finding efficient ways to generate, store, and use electrical energy becomes increasingly important. Armies, engineers, and teams are looking for rapid vehicle power systems that provide greater mobility for soldiers on the battlefield while increasing the energy resilience of tactical systems.
As technological innovations and applications increase with highly power-sensitive energy weapon systems increase, power management considerations are also becoming more important to keep pace with ‘power-hungry’ propulsion systems while providing active protection and tactical efficiency for the vehicle and troops.
The Intelligent Solid-State Power Rider family offers multi-output PDUs, and circuit breakers designed to distribute electrical power while adding value to vehicle hybridization. They are available as COTS, COTS with modifications or as projects (Build to Spec).
Advantages of the (patent pending) Power Rider family include:
- Reliability – unmatched and patented power protection for complete short circuit protection and use as a power distribution, management, and maintenance tool for the power grid
- Platform survivability – no damage from short circuits, increases system longevity
- Rapid electrical power system evolution through advanced engineering tools and maximum design flexibility – built-in redundancy, grouping, logical rules, multiple thresholds, an overall view of the power system, etc
- Increased availability – predictive and preventive
- Redundancy and agility
- Extensive software layer that allows up to 60 field configurations and instantaneous parameter changes. Smarter infrastructure [to support troops]
- Proven in vehicles, UAVs, RWS and other defense applications, the Power Rider supports engineers in meeting mission and maintenance requirements within its technical capabilities
- Silent mobility and advanced silent monitoring
- Environmental friendliness – less pollution and emissions
- The Power Rider family is specifically designed to meet the needs of electrification