Rugged mobile computer manufacturer Handheld Group has released the all-new Algiz RT10, an ultra-rugged 10-inch Android tablet that combines state-of-the-art design and performance with future-proof technology that the company hopes will maintain its versatile utility through its entire life cycle.
The new Algiz RT10 is ultra-rugged and durable, with an IP67 rating and the ability to withstand water, dust, shock and extreme temperatures for use in a range of sectors including geomatics, logistics, forestry, public transportation, utilities, construction, maintenance, mining, military and security.
The slim Algiz RT10 has a high-res 10-inch touchscreen and is among the lightest in its class at 980 grams (2.2 lb). With a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G platform and Android 11 Operating System (OS), it delivers enterprise functionality for mobile field workers. Its durable design boosts the device’s sustainability and environmental impact.
Its 5G functionality allows live video streaming in the field, and Android Enterprise Recommended (AER) validated by Google puts it on a shortlist of qualified, enterprise-focused devices. It has enhanced security features including biometric (fingerprint) ID, and the MaxGo Mobile Device Management (MDM) software enables custom settings across all devices in a field network.
“The Algiz RT10 Android tablet is the best combination of portable design, field ruggedness and technology capabilities available in an enterprise-level mobile computer,” said Johan Hed, Handheld director of product management. “It provides true mobility, and it’s the perfect choice for businesses that need a flexible solution in any type of vehicle.”
Other features of the Algiz RT10 ultra-rugged tablet include:
- High-resolution, sunlight-readable 10-inch touchscreen with super-hardened glass and rain-and-glove mode.
- Google GMS for Play Store and Google Maps access.
- 5G, 4G/LTE high-speed data, Wi-Fi, BT and NFC.
- Built-in u-blox NEO M8U chipset for GNSS location data using GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS and BeiDou.
- 13-megapixel rear-facing and 5-megapixel front-facing cameras.
- Full-day, user-replaceable battery.
- Optional scanner and integrated UHF, in addition to built-in expandability.
- Accessories including carrying cases and vehicle docks with GPS and Wi-Fi antenna pass-through.