LEMO has announced the launch of a new Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) 1000Base-T1 connector designed to operate over a single twisted-pair copper cable to support an effective data rate of 1 Gb/sec in both directions simultaneously.
For Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) and Shielded Twisted Pair (STP), LEMO offers two types of insulators: 0B.511 (2 contacts) and 1B.512(4 contacts + screen). The new product is also offered in a watertight version for the T series connector.
These products were designed specifically to perform in harsh environments, such as excessive humidity, vibration, or extreme temperatures for a variety of applications, including military and defense.
As network requirements have changed over time, ethernet has consistently improved in terms of speed, security, and quality. As a result, it has emerged as the standard for wired connectivity in industries including defense, IT, telecommunications and transportation. According to LEMO, the growth of ethernet in both industrial automation and the automobile industry is currently being accelerated by the emergence of SPE.
LEMO has provided solutions over time that are compliant with the various ethernet protocols as they emerged. As a result, it believes its portfolio of connectors is one of the most extensive for high-speed ethernet up to 10 Gb/s, and has recently added solutions for SPE.
Selecting an SPE connector does not automatically guarantee compliance with this protocol and the related data transfer speed for the complete interconnect solution. The cables must at least comply with the same protocol, respect the maximum length given in the protocol, and be carefully assembled to the connector; the solution must be fully tested.
LEMO® Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) 1000BASE-T1 Key Features:
- Push-Pull latching mechanism enables rapid, simple, safe, and reliable frequent connect and disconnect
- Protect sensitive data in harsh environments with a proprietary interface
- The IEEE 802.3bp (SPE) protocol compliance and guaranteed signal integrity allow data transfer at rates up to 1Gb/s.
- 360° screening for full EMC shielding
- Compatible with unshielded twisted pair (UTP) and shielded twisted pair (STP)
- Up to 5000 guaranteed mating cycles, resulting in increased service life and reduced ownership costs
- A wide range of robust and miniature models (including IP50, IP66, and IP68) provide ruggedized compact integrations
- Temperature range -55 °C to 250 °C
- Up to 12 keyways for alignment
Find Military Connector manufacturers and suppliers of rugged connectors for harsh environments>>