Marshall Land Systems and Expandable B.V. have collaborated on the development of a rapidly deployable hydraulic leg system for containerized operational infrastructure.
The addition of ruggedized hydraulic legs as a “custom option” will enable Marshall Land Systems’ standardized 10-foot containers, 20-foot containers, and expandable containers to self-lift and self-lower.
This will provide a highly cost-effective enhancement to overall mobility, ease of deployment/relocation, and reducing logistic footprints.
The key features include:
- Operational and transportable in ambient temperature range of -51/+55 °C
- Able to self-level on a 5-degree slope
- Can be powered/charged by a 400v AC 50Hz container power system
- Wireless hand-held control system can be operated safely for loading and unloading from a vehicle
- Compatible with nine-high container stacking
- Manual override function to jack the system in case of power failure
- Minimum jacking height of 1700mm on a 5-degree slope
- Maintains multi-modal transportation in C130, on trucks and for maritime shipping
Thanks to the hydraulic system and wireless remote control, the legs will allow Marshall Land Systems’ containerized infrastructure to be more flexible to deploy and be operational within 15 minutes without cranes or forklifts.
The company believes Expandable’s drive to innovate is a natural fit for Marshall’s containerized infrastructure. A prototype has now been created, and the two companies will work together on testing and further product integration.
Gary Moynehan, Managing Director of Marshall Land Systems, said; “Our award-winning deployable infrastructure provides a range of highly mobile and versatile solutions to overcome the many operational and logistical challenges currently facing armed forces with lessons evident from Ukraine. Adding this new solution to our custom offering portfolio will enable end users to deploy from a vehicle-mounted position to a fully self-leveled and operational state more rapidly than ever.”
Berrie Rieswijk, Expandable’s Sales Director, added; “We’ve been given the opportunity to apply our knowledge and know-how in a field where materials are really put to the test. We hope to be a part of a growing market that creates new opportunities for the target audience, just like we realized with ‘Expandable – movable spaces’. We are proud that Marshall sees us as one of the forerunners in the field of rapidly movable units.”