Ultra Maritime has been awarded six contracts under Canada’s Department of National Defense Innovation for Defense Excellence and Security (IDEaS) program, aimed at developing innovative solutions to assist acoustic sensor operators rapidly and accurately detect, classify, locate, and track underwater contacts.
Ultra will deliver a range of next-generation Anti-Submarine Warfare technologies, including:
- Vector sensors for towed arrays
- Directional Active Intercept sensors
- Sonobuoy deployment from Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Towed Array Shape Estimation
- Next Generation Environmental Sensing
- Multi-Mode Free Flooded Ring transducer technology
“Our agility, capability and drive to innovate has been a key factor to Ultra winning these contracts,” Bernard Mills, President of Ultra Sonar Systems commented.
“We look forward to collaborating with Canadian industry partners and delivering solutions that contribute to Canada’s national security.”