The system is made up of software, a vessel-mounted transceiver and in-water transponders. The transceiver is available in a range of different designs to suit operational needs; deep, shallow and long layback.
Ranger 2 comes with Sonardyne’s 6G (sixth generation) acoustic hardware platform and Sonardyne Wideband 2 digital signal architecture to provide stable and repeatable acoustic position referencing for a ship’s DP system.
It also supports robust two-way data telemetry allowing users to command a range of seafloor deployed long-endurance sensors and recover the logged data inside them.
- Tracks multiple targets to 11 km; ROVs, AUVs, deep towed bodies
- Compatible with all makes of DP system – GE, Kongsberg, MT
- System accuracy: when fully optimized it will deliver 0.04% of slant range
- Works with a global inventory of pre-deployed Sonardyne 6G hardware
- Configurations available for USV and temporary vessel installations
|Design||The most powerful USBL system on the market|
|Incorporates 30 years of USBL innovation and know-how|
|Recommended for installation on large vessels and USVs|
|Shares common platform with other Sonardyne USBLs|
|Performance||Up to 0.04% of slant range system accuracy|
|Up to 99 targets tracked, simultaneously|
|Up to 11,000 m tracking range (LMF)|
|1 Hz position update rate|
|Support all industry standard DP telegrams|
|Supports acoustically-aided INS|
|Acoustics||MF frequency (19-34 kHz) or LMF (14-19.5 kHz)|
|Sonardyne Wideband 2 digital acoustics for reliable performance in both shallow and deep environments|
|Supports Sonardyne Messaging Service for data exchange up to 9,000 bps|
|Compatible with a wide range of 6G transponders|