Fitted to a small AUV, the AvTrak 6 Nano will enable simultaneous USBL tracking via a surface vessel and robust telemetry for AUV-to-vessel and AUV-to-AUV communications.
Built on the same 6G hardware and Wideband 2 digital signal architecture found in the larger AvTrak 6, it measures just 192 mm x 55 mm and has an operating range of 3,000 m, a depth rating of 500 m, and full SMS and Modem functionality.
Equipped with AvTrak 6 Nano, a UUV will receive unlimited data and share messages every navigation cycle when used with Sonardyne’s Ranger 2. By supporting the integration of a data payload inside every navigation signal, this allows more data to be transferred to and from UUVs with fewer transmissions which ultimately reduces power consumption and increases mission endurance.
A common configuration enables the USBL system to communicate with a swarm of UUVs equipped with AvTrak 6 Nanos, broadcasting to all the position of each member of the squad to aid the navigation solution and improve their situational awareness.
- Tracking, communications, and emergency relocation in one product
- Use with Ranger 2 to track AUVs
- Bi-directional acoustic modem with user selectable data rates; 200-9,000 bps
- Wide voltage input range and multiple communication methods for robotics integration
- Optimized for Ranger 2 Robotics pack for aiding navigation systems with remote position outputs
- Housed variant or OEM for integration into vehicles