The Inertial Labs Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU-NAV) is the latest addition to the Inertial Labs Advanced MEMS sensor-based family. Revolutionary due to its compact, self-contained strapdown, tactical grade Inertial Measurement Systems and Pitch & Roll Sensor, that measures linear accelerations, angular rates, Pitch & Roll with three-axis high-grade MEMS accelerometers and three-axis tactical grade MEMS gyroscopes. Angular rates and accelerations are determined with high accuracy for both motionless and dynamic applications.
The Inertial Labs IMU-NAV is a breakthrough, fully integrated inertial solution that combines the latest MEMS sensor technologies. Fully calibrated, temperature compensated, mathematically aligned to an orthogonal coordinate system, the IMU contains up to 0.5 deg/hr gyroscopes and 0.003 mg bias in-run stability accelerometers with very low noise and high reliability.
Continuous Built-in Test (BIT), configurable communications protocols, electromagnetic interference (EMI) protection, and flexible input power requirements make the Inertial Labs IMU-NAV easy to use in a wide range of higher order integrated system applications.Applications
- Antenna and Line of Sight Stabilization Systems
- Passenger trains acceleration / deceleration and jerking systems
- Motion Reference Units (MRU)
- Motion Control Sensors (MCS)
- Gimbals, EOC/IR, platforms orientation and stabilization
- GPS-Aided Inertial Navigation Systems (INS)
- Attitude and Heading Reference Systems (AHRS)
- Land vehicles navigation and motion analysis
- Buoy or Racing Boat Motion Monitoring
- UAV & AUV/ROV navigation and control